Wednesday, 12 January 2011
Make me think of getting book tokens from my grandparents! In fact I have a total aversion to them as they are - in my eyes at least - the lazy option..... why else would I have created Off the List!
(I'm not this old but love the rising sun motif)
.... one has to move with the times.
So we've the task to design a suitable voucher.
Tuesday, 11 January 2011
.... made mention of Off the List this January edition. I've always been a little weary of drawing the site to the attention of the antiques trade - that said they are a lazy bunch & only likely to look at the pretty pictures - as it has been our firm intention to under-price the pieces on offer. The reasons are twofold a) if a piece doesn't sell online we can generally cover costs by reselling at auction b) why should they be over-inflated like most of the stock on offer by dealers. Oops potential can of worms.
2011, can I do this regularly. This is intended to be the year of the list:
- Increased traffic
- Therefore an essential need to grow the address book
- Better & more unusual stock
- Better awareness of what 'you' are after
- An intention to train buyers - show them the charms of an object - value or no value
- Add the bespoke items we've been working on as a separate page
More to come......I hope!